The MOBIUS Annual Conference is a chance for MOBIUS members to come together once a year and swap ideas, network, and receive training. The conference is free for employees of Missouri libraries and affordable for those coming from outside the state.
What to Bring
- Your computer (and power adaptor)
- A surge protector or extension cord (labeled with your name)
- A notebook and something to write with
- Business cards
- A water bottle and snacks
- A camera or video camera (encouraged - send us the video!)
- Your cell phone, set to silent
The MOBIUS Annual Conference will be held at the Stoney Creek Hotel & Conference Center, Independence, MO.
The Drury Inn & Suites is our secondary hotel located only 2 miles from the conference hotel!
The hotel is located off I-70 on Bass Pro Drive in Independence, next to Bass Pro Shop and a short drive to all Kansas City has to offer. But maybe you'd rather have a map?
Stoney Creek Hotel offers complimentary wireless internet access in all guest rooms, the lobby, and our meeting rooms.
- MOBIUS, through a generous grant from the State, can only pay for 1/2 of a hotel room for each guest. This means that if you do not share a room with another attendee, you are responsible for paying the other half which is $52.76 (Total cost for a room is $105.51 including fees and taxes).
- The meals at the conference will be pretty substantial, but you will most likely want to bring a little extra cash for snacks and other extras. Note from the organizers: Some of us are vegetarians and made sure there will be options, but let us know if you have other dietary concerns.
- You'll want to have some dough for after-hours things.
Need something official to be reimbursed for your expenses?
The conference rate at the Stoney Creek Hotel is $105.51 per night. The dates for the conference are June 4th, 5th, and 6th.
What should sponsors (vendors) know?
Here are the important dates/times for our supporters who will be setting up a booth at the conference:
- Monday 2 pm-7 pm: Setup
- Tuesday 8:30 am-4:00 pm: Exhibits
- Tuesday 4:00 pm: Teardown
How do I sponsor the MOBIUS Annual Conference?
A good place to start is the sponsor sign up form!